No matter where you have your wedding, catering is one of the biggest elements you will plan. How will you feed your guests? What kind of culinary experience will it be? Here are the latest trends in Wedding Cuisine.
1. Participation: Passing food around during the cocktail hour is pretty traditional. More and more brides and grooms are now making 'culinary performances' part of the overall wedding experience. Think oyster shucker, roast carver, midnight crepe chef...
2. Food Trucks: Nothing's hotter right now than having food trucks at your wedding. Everything from poutine to ice cream to latte trucks.
3. Comfort Foods: Burgers and fries and cakes and cookies, "Oh my!"
4. Going Rustic: Many brides and grooms are opting for a rustic theme, which includes harvest tables and meals served family style.
5. Beverage Stations- Signature, destination-themed cocktails, specialty coffee and teas, and even milk and cookie stations are right on trend.
6. Forget the Cake, Move Over Cupcakes. Now, it's pies, macarons, and gateaux of crepes making a move for the head table.
7 . Goodbye, Late Night Buffet: More and more brides and grooms are opting for a late night fast food type snacks. Popular options are pizza, taco and ice cream sundae stations.